Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Yummy Appetizer

We had such a nice time spending time with our neighbors the Griswolds (yep Clark himself) just kidding, and the Posiacks (hey Patti) last night.
Deb made a deliciously light dinner consisting of scallops and salad...oh it was oh so yummerlicious.  And she did a fondue (be still my fondue lovin heart).  It was all so delish.  We ate outside with a fabulous soft cool breeze coming off the lake and watched the full moon rise over our home.  It was so nice catching up with our friends and visiting, sittin around the table shootin the breeze.
Anyway, back to a wonderful appetizer....I found this off pinterest and can't give credit where credit is due because I'm not sure where I got it.  Plus I changed it to make my own.
Mini Stuffed Potato Skins
So you start with 2 small bags of small yukon potatoes.
(no pic, sorry)
you coat them with olive oil, sea salt and thyme.
and let them cook on a baking sheet for 35 - 40 min until tender.
I know you're thinking "she really needs a new baking sheet"....yes I do.
And by the way, I only cooked 10 of these intentionally.

you will need this:


put 3/4 cup of sour cream into a red bowl


then add 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 bag of precooked bacon.  Mix it up with a blender really well


now slice the potatoes in half


and dig out the insides


then mix the insides in with the other mixture


add some of this.  Now, I have no clue where I got it but it is ohsogood. period.


fill your lil baby potatoes with the mixture from the red bowl
top with some of the bacon and more cheese


pop em in the oven at 325 for about 15 min.
man, I really, really need a new baking sheet.  I'm almost embarrassed to show you this!


Serve with sour cream.  I served mine on an egg plate.  It was perfect until some thief stole a few of them!
The verdict?  Remember those potato skins from TGIF?  Well, they tasted just like those.

Have a b-utiful Saturday. It is going to be a spectacular day out here at the lake!
I'm playing golf with my favorite man "W"
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment