Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back To School....

So the other night "W" and I had dinner with some really good friends that we hadn't seen in a while. 
We were catching up.
I said to my friend Michele, what are you up to these days?
She said, well, we are going to be going to France a lot in the upcoming year, so I decided to take a French class!
So, I invited myself to join her.
Now, granted I do not at all have time for this, but.
I thought it would be fun! (and I'm all about fun)
Our first class was last night and I was right!
It was fun!
Okay, let me just tell you a little history about me.
I am the worst student EVER.
No, y'all, I am serious.
There was absolutely NOTHING I liked about school.
NOTHING.
Now, if you gave me a project that's a different story.
Teachers just didn't know how to teach my brain back then.
(that's right, blame it on the teachers)

anyway, I have passed Oglethorpe University for years and years.
It is a quaint Liberal Arts School of 1,200 tucked in the middle of Brookhaven.
It will set you back about 42 K per year to attend.
It is mostly known for it's accounting school.
It's beautiful.
I mean really, really beautiful.
some say spooky beautiful.
The school was founded in 1835 near Millidgeville, Georgia
During the Civil War it's students were soldiers.
It "died at Gettysburg" when the school was used for barracks and hospitals.
It relocated to Atlanta in 1913 and the new buildings were built.
That makes those new buildings 100 years old.
I felt so "college-like" driving up to class.

 I can't remember her name nor can I pronounce it.  It's mademoiselle something or the other.

so.  what did I learn last night?
hum.
only pronounce "t" if an "e" follows.
Like petite is pronounced petite
petit is prounced "peti
There are genders in the french language.
What up wit dat?
Like a chair is feminine....okay?

La is feminine
Le is masculine.

I have 8 weeks of this.
We'll see where this goes.

have a great day y'all!
kb




No comments:

Post a Comment