Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Simple Spaghetti Squash!

First of all housekeeping...
My sale is still going on until Wed., so scroll down to shoppe!!!

Now.  Years ago I went over to my good friend Connie's home for lunch.
She's always whippin up something yummy, healthy and unique.
Really, I've never seen someone so creative in the kitchen.
now,
I'll have to admit, I had never even heard of Spaghetti Squash!
never, ever!
When I had this luscious yellow vege, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven.
and.
it's fun (and easy) to make!
and it's on the Paleo diet plan!
So, let's get started.

First of all, this is what a Spaghetti Squash looks like.  There are many, many versions of squash, but this is the one you need.
 Start by taking your large fork and poking big holes in it everywhere (all over)
 now, pop it in the microwave and cook on high for 12 minutes.  Turning at the halfway point.
Careful, this thing will be very hot!
 Let it cool for about 5 minutes, and take a large knife and cut it in half lengthwise.

 this is what it will look like

 Using a spoon scrape all of the seeds out.

 and dump.

 This is what you are left with!

 using a fork scrape the yummy insides!
and
 lay it on your plate!
now,
drizzle EVOO, sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Mix it all up
and...
add some parm on top.
There ya have it!!!
Total yumminess!!!
what does it taste like?
Noodles with a crunch.

have a great day y'all!
kb

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Thanks for sharing! Yes, I am Osborn Originals and the dentist that you met at Scott's...so fun to meet you in person! Love your work and your blog!

    ReplyDelete