Monday, July 15, 2013

As An Artist....

I'm always jumpin all over the place.
Always thinking "what can I do next"?
Is that normal?  Or is it my "self-controlled" ADD kickin in?
I don't know.
All I know is I like to try a multitude of different things when it comes to art.
There is this facebook group created by a young woman in Birmingham called Mountain Brook Trading.
WOW.
The gal that started this is brilliant.
She started it back in November with her and a friend as the only members and it has since grown to almost 20,000 members.
What is it?
It is a trading group.
Y'all.
What you do is post your item that you would like to sell, include your size and description of item and the price you want for it.
Let's use that fantastic pair of Tory Burch flats that you purchased on line.  You like them, but only wore them a couple of times.
You post them for sale on Mountain Brook Trading and before you know it 30 people are interested.
For probably 3/4 of the price (or more) than you paid for them.....
Then you meet in Mountain Brook to pick up and pay for your item.
It is amazing.
I contacted Laura Green Silsbee the other day about starting a group in Buckhead in Atlanta.
She is helping me do this so I am now in the process of starting a group here.
If you are interested in joining my group and live in the Atlanta area, please friend me and asked to be added to my group.
Buckhead Trading Group
I will tell you that when we moved from a 7 bedroom home into a 2 bedroom condo, I sold I mean TONS of furniture/items/clothes/shoes off of Mountain Brook Trading.  It is SO much fun!!!

but that's not what this post is about.
I found out about a new paint technique/DIY item called Amy Howard Paints.

I simply cannot wait to get some of this gal's products and try them out.
I want to paint my kitchen cabinets and a huge bookcase in this finish.
and...
you never know.  May try to start a relationship with Amy Howard paints!
I have SO many exciting things in the works right now!!!
Can't reveal them, but stay tuned!!!

Have a wonderful day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment