Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Homemade Pay Day Bars

Okay.
I have to tell you that I LOVE Pay Day candy bars.
I'm not a huge sweet lover but...
I mean I really, really love a Pay Day Bar.
If I could have one two a day I would eat every ounce.
There's just something about the sweet/salty/crunchy combination.
So, I went searchin for a homemade recipe.
Across the board this is the standard recipe.
 I don't even want to think how many calories are in these suckers.
 I think there's like 2000 in that can of sweetened condensed milk alone....
First, spray your dish with non-stick spray
 layer 1/2 of the peanuts
 now, I don't do well with melting morsels in the microwave so I chose to melt them in a double boiler
 pour the peanut butter chips in the DB
 and melt them with the butter.  If you're lucky to have one of these candy spatulas like the one my daughter gave me for my birthday, use it.  If you don't have one, go get one.
 Pour in your condensed milk (not to be confused with Evaporated Milk)


 Mix that all up
 Then pour in the marshmallows.
 and fold them in

 I chose to let the marshmallows melt a little
 pour the mixure into your dish
Then pour the rest of the peanuts on top mashing down
 top with sea salt
and EAT!!!
oh the yumminess.
They weren't as good as a good ole Pay Day, but I would say they're pretty darn close!

Homemade Pay Day Bars

16 oz. dry roasted salted peanuts
2 cups peanut butter morsels
3 TBS butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag miniature marshmallows
sea salt

Layer 1/2 of the peanuts in a rectangular dish
Melt the peanut butter morsels and butter together in a dbl. boiler
Stir in sweetened condensed milk
Fold in the marshmallows

Pour all on top of the layer of peanuts.  Then layer the rest of the peanuts.  Sprinkle sea salt on top.  Put in refridgerator until it hardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment