Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Bahamas!!!

The first time I came here I was 5 yrs. old.
I remember it like it was yesterday.
My grandparents brought my sister and me here and we stayed in a big pink hotel in downtown Nassau.
Sister and I had matching dresses with a mouse house on the front.
They had gambling in the form of a video dog race.
My grandfather won.
A couple of donuts were 5.00. (food was and still is expensive over here)
Paradise Island was only accessible by a glass bottom boat and it was so cool taking that boat over there.
Like I said, I remember it like it was yesterday.  That was 49 years ago.  WOW.
Now Paradise Island is all grown up!
You know, I've been a lot of places in this world, but I really don't believe any place has water as pretty as the Bahamas.
 add to that the ease of getting here and you've got a pretty easy and relatively inexpensive family vacation.
 our view overlooks the beautiful Atlantis.
And the bazillion dollar boats.
 my drug of choice, a Cherry Sprite and Kalik
 "W" and I have been coming here almost every year for the last 33 years.  Sometimes twice a year.
We probably should just move here.
 one of our favorite things to do is look at the boats and laugh at the names.
You know, some people are just really clever....











have a great day y'all!
and
later dudes.
kb

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm really jealous we didn't just take the whole week off and come'on! Y'all have fun and we will see you TUESDAY!!!!!!! Can't wait :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete