Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Sand and Sea"

So, yesterday was my first full day of painting in my new art studio.
I'm in heaven y'all.
So, I got out some of my new CD's of my favorite men.
and played along.
well, all I wanted to listen to was this....


I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to music.
I'm not gonna lie.
I thought Marvin Gaye sang "Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby."
Really?
That's all I wanted to hear!  and over and over again!
bummer.
anyway, when I want to paint an abstract, I have to have soft music.
You would think the opposite huh, like crazy Led Zeplin stuff or something?
hey, I'm weird like that.
just fyi.
Painting abstracts are (to me at least) some of the hardest things to paint.
Very difficult because you just keep adding stuff to them.  It's really hard to know when to quit.
So, I got out an 18 x 36  really thick 3" gallery wrapped canvas and painted this.
I will tell you that I love it.
I think this painting can be interpreted in so many different ways, leaving so much to the imagination.
I also believe it will go with a lot of different designs from contemporary to traditional to definitely eclectic.  This piece would be perfect over an entry table in a hallway.  Unframed mindyou. It's a great size to flank two lamps on either side of this peice.
The colors are deep and inviting, while the soft blue peeps through.
It is called "Sea and Sand"
The price of this piece is 750.00 + shipping
please contact me at kbdr@aol.com for more information
also.
I'm painting another one similar to this for a matching pair!
Stay tuned ya'll!!!

have a wonderful day!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment