Monday, November 1, 2010

Wadda Ya Do? Leg Wraps

Whadda Ya do when you want two pairs of boots....a short pair, and a long pair....
BUT...
you only have
for one pair....
and...
your husband gave you these last year for Christmas (so you have no excuse for a new pair, even though you want a heel)
PLUS,,,you have like really muscular fat tennis calves and a lot of those boots won't fit over your
muscular fat tennis calves,
not to mention being tucked into a pair of skinny jeans (which I shouldn't wear anyway because of my fat butt)  but you know what???? I'm 51 and I can wear whatever I want! I know, I'm rambling..
Anyway,,,I don't have an excuse to buy a long pair.
But I want some chocolate ones,,,,I need them,,,,I NEED BOTH! Long and short.
Enter.,,,,
how does that saying go?
Neccessity is the mother of all invention?
If that's the case,,,I'm neccessitized and I'm a motha.
So,
here we go...
Leg Wraps...(don't laugh,,,I know, I can hear you over my computer)
I'm gonna try to make these
(the ones I bought)

look a little like these (just use your imagination okay????)
I know, I know, I know, it's a totally different shoe and all.
Let's start by visiting my fabric closet (OMG, I just saw this pic and I really can't believe I'm showing you this.....I know what I'll be doing tomorrow, get ready, I'm sure I'll blog about it.)
Now, let's pick out a beautiful leather.  You can get real leather at a lot of different places.
This came from a flea market.  You can also get actual leather from designer upholstry fabric stores and a place called Tandy Leather, or of course I'm sure the internet.
now measure around your leg and cut a square to fit.  I dipped the front a bit too.  Allow 5/8 of a seam (and don't make them too tight if you wanna wear them over pants)  make them tight enough, however so they don't fall down.  I chose this color to be a little different.  Plus it matches my handbag.
Using a LEATHER sewing needle, stitch down the long side right sides together.  Press open and turn them right side out.
then wear em,,,pretty cute huh?

Have a wonderful Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment