Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easy Tomato Basil Bisque and Commissioned Work!

A good friend of mine lost a very dear friend of hers' yesterday.
Oh, how it brought back memories of Becky.  I remember it so well.  The days and days of tears, the every waking thought of her, the constant memories that I played in my head.
You know, there is something different about losing a friend.  I'm not sure what it is.  It actually was harder for me losing Becky than my mom.   You've lost them, but people don't put such a significance on your grieving as they do say a family member.  There's so much pain involved that until you've experienced losing a best friend I don't think one can relate.  I just wanted to say that it's so important to comfort those friends that lose a friend.  It's just as important as comforting them when they lose a family member.

Let me ease up on this beautiful Tuesday and show you an easy recipe that I came up with yesterday.
Easy Tomato Basil Bisque
Oh, it was SO good!  and easy!

Here's what you need.  Now, first of all, I changed this midstream.  I decided I wanted "chunks" of tomatoes in there so I added a can of tomatoes to it.  Oh, and I didn't use the milk:) (used "heavy" cream instead....)
 Melt about 1/2 stick of butter and saute' about 2 cloves of smashed garlic
 pour in all the cans of pureed tomatoes
 add about 1 tsp. thyme
 and a whole box of this:
 now, if you think Tomato Bisque isn't fattening?
a cup of heavy cream
then add 1 cup of sugar

 Add a can of whole tomatoes
 cut your pinky finger almost off while chopping the basil (sorry to gross you out)
omg it's still throbbing.
 but doesn't this look yummy????

  let it cook for a really long time and then eat for every meal for the next 5 days.
 In the meantime, I'm working on two commissioned pieces!
Yes, I do commissioned work.
and these are in the works!
 oh yummy!
(top with Parmesan cheese or feta)
Have a BEAutiful Tuesday y'all!
kb

2 comments:

  1. Talented artist, amazing cook and wonderful friend. Who wouldn't want to be in your circle?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you "A" how very sweet you are!!!

    ReplyDelete