Friday, March 4, 2011

"Craving Cream of Mushroom Soup"

Let me tell you.
I've been craving some "Cream of Mushroom Soup" now for days.
The problem is, that NO lunch place (well very few) sell it.
So, checked out the internet and found the PERFECT recipe.
Had to ruin my diet one more time before the day was over.
Man, it's gonna take a LONG time to get this body.
 um, that would be like a NEVER?????
 Back to the soup.
can you say yummerlicious x 10????
Here's what cha need.
 quarter those beauts
 then stick em in a food processor with a squeeze of lemon
 and grind away
 see this right here?  This was me letting it grind a [little] too much.  When you do it, don't let it grind up to a paste like I did (unless you want a really, really smooth COM soup.
 in a 5 qt. pot, melt 1 tablespoon of butta
 the recipe called for shallots....I used green onions cause it's all I had.  Saute' them gently
 then throw in the mushrooms.  Not to gross you out or anything, but doesn't this look a little like dog food? (you know the canned kind?) At least it didn't smell like that.  Oh it smelled divine!
 add your spices and 1/2 of a bay leaf
 and let it simmer until the water from the mushrooms becomes dissolved
 add 2 cups of cream
 then 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock, and all the spices. (it needs more salt than called for)
 bring to a boil and then let it simmer for....
 20 min!
OMG I almost forgot!!!  I added a little sherry to mine.  Made a BIG difference in my humble opinion.
and....
 Tip....I had to thicken mine a fair amount with cornstarch and water and let it thicken constantly stirring.  I think it was because I ground my mushrooms to much.  But just see what you can do with yours!
It was SOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!
and.....except for the "heavy cream" it's pretty good for ya. haha!
Have a wonderful Friday y'all!
My g-babies are comin to see me this weekend and ICAN'TWAIT!!!
kb

1 comment: