Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't Cha Just Love a Good Makeover???

or I should say....clean out, organize, refresh,,,,,,,,,
I was inspired....yesterday....by my sweet little friend Erin.
who's blog I stalk
cute lil thing she is.
And her blog is precious!
Anyway, she talked about doin some spring cleaning and thinkin it was Spring when March rolls around.
(I do the same thing Er)
SO.....my closet was LONNNNNNNG overdue for an overhaul.
As a matter of fact, I was at the point where I wanted to hang an "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"
sign on the door
and....
I was wearing the same thing over, and over, and over again.
That's what happens when you let your closet become a disaster.
Enter.....disaster of mass proportions:
OH GROSS.  This gives me an anxiety attack just looking at this pic (wish I had a wide angle lens.)

Who needs all this stuff?  seriously
or wants it for that matter?
the cleanup begins....  okay, let me explain about the 4 pairs of the same shoe.
I bought a darling pair of gold Manolo sandals to go to Europe. (bad idea)
OH were they comfy though.  So...I wore them EVERY day for 10 days.  Well they looked like K-rap when I got home.  I just totally ruined them.  Went to buy another pair and sold out.  So....I was in line at Starbucks and I see them.....There they are on a woman's feet.  I didn't want to embarrass myself [too] bad by asking if I could buy them off her feet so I just asked her where she got them.
She almost died.  Because,,,,she said "don't tell anyone" but they came from Payless.  Yep!  I mean seriously, these looked EXACTLY like the 450 smacker Manolos that I ruined.
I sprinted like none other and bought every pair that they had.  The only, and I mean only difference was the sole.  Everything else, exactly the same.
I still have the Manolos.  I'm gonna take them to a shoe shop and see what they can do with them.
off to the consignment shop
(My newest obsession, besides selling scrap gold)
oh be still my clean closet lovin heart
 a few little details
I have a teeny tiny obsession with shoes.
but...I promise I wear each and every pair (at least once)
these are my "special babies" they get their own space and get to sleep in their own bed
I mean, I can't tell you how much stuff I threw out and I still need to throw out more!
Don't make me!!! I can't part with the rest!
 just wondering.....how many white shirts does one need?
Check out what I found on Ebay!!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!  My gold flats that I had torn to pieces (and had to lay (gulp) to rest from 4 yrs. ago! (at a great savings by the way)  They came in perfect condition

Um, go clean that closet out today!
Have a fabulousa day y'all!
kb

2 comments:

  1. Kendall!! I can't believe you were inspired by me!! You are so funny and your comments just made my day! You are making me laugh out loud over here. I'm (kind of) obsessed with organizing and I'm dying over here wanting to get my hands through the screen and in your closet! I had someone come and organize my closet from head to toe by color, style, sleeve length, etc and I've never been more obsessed with cleaning mine! Anddddd.... I can't believe you're consigning that longchamp bag! Or did it slip into the picture??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stalk lurk scroll through Erin's blog too confession 436 of a blogaholic- she has such wonderful taste I wish I could shop with her for a day- you know I wondered if you painted the dress she had hanging in one of her rooms I think dining room- such a lovely piece!!!

    ReplyDelete