Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I Can't Believe I Ate That"

Have you ever had one of those days?
Where you just eat and eat and nothing you eat makes any sense?
Seriously folks, what got into me yesterday?????
You really are not going to believe what I ate.
Oh, and how's that diet goin?
Me?  Still down just 5 lbs.  OMG can you say FRUSTRATING?
Well whadda ya expect when you do something like I did yesterday.
Here's how it went.
5:00 a.m. - ate this
Not too bad huh? Gagged the whole way through it.  It was like eating sour cream straight outta the carton. Nothing against sour cream, but I like a little baked potato and a glob of butta with it.

Worked out right after - check

Home and did some arm band workouts - check

10:00 - Starving,,,,,ate 1/4 of the rotisserie chicken that I bought for dinner the night before (including some of the skin)
yummers.
then I had a peach.

Lunch came around and I finished that rotisserie chicken off.

Then oh about 4 in the afternoon I decided to induldged in one of these:
what are these???? the BEST 100 + calorie treat you will ever have.  Like a snickers ice cream bar.

well, that didn't do it for me.....so I had about 10 15 of these (the big scoop kind)

topped with a glob of this (are you grossed out yet?)

along with about 5 of these (I know, I'm getting weirder and weirder.)

all day had about 10 of these....


all along with probably 10 maybe 15 of these (50 calories each)....
Dinner?  Weight watchers Pizza (topped with hot sauce)
What the heck is wrong with me?????
Diet gone WRONG.
I did manage to work on some new pieces (in between my weirdo eating habits)
Here's the latest!




hop on over to
www.kendallboggs.com
for more info!
have a fabulous day y'all!
kb

4 comments:

  1. Funny post!!! Kendall....I would rather eat the "weird" menu you had yesterday over the "FAT" menu I ate all day. Keep eating the Greek yogurt...you develop a taste for IT. (hummm...hope your dad doesn't read comments...I make many grammatical boo boo's) I LOVE IT! YUMMY....would rather have it over any other. Add fresh fruit :) If you are WORKING OUT along with your weird diet....you're doing good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall! First of all, let me say that I think you're doing great! It's very hard to "diet" so my first piece of advice is to tell yourself that you're not "dieting", but simply eating for good health. If you think of it that way, you can't help but to want to eat things that won't put you in the hospital at a later date! If I could offer you any suggestions, eat a BIGGER breakfast. Add some granola with flax seeds to that greek yogurt. Have you tried Chobani and bear naked peak granola?? Their flavors are delicious, and when you add the granola it kind of cuts that "sour" taste like you're describing. That combined would put you at about 300-350 calories so then you should add a piece of fruit of your choice! Banana, peach, apple, mixed, you know... you're good! It's proven that the more you eat for breakfast, the more you don't crave throughout the day. If you start off hungry, you end up hungry. Another bit of advice, ALWAYS, have good snacks readily available. Wheat thins and almond butter, peanut butter and apple, anything with fiber and protein to keep you more full for a longer amount of time! This does not mean that you have to have a small side salad with no dressing, but it gives you an opportunity to insert something that you've been craving and make it suitable for your diet. Example, you're fritos!! Add some black beans for fiber and protein and maybe a little low fat cheese and some salsa! Be sure to follow the portion sizes on the back and allow it to be satisfying to you. Eating rot. chicken isn't a bad thing! You can cut up some avocado and tomatoes and make it into a dish or add it to a sandwich to create a meal. You have to allow yourself to eat some of the foods you LOVE or else you will indulge and get down about it. Keep up the good work!! You're making some good decisions and I know it will pay off and that you will be rewarded! :) March is National Nutrition Month, and in honor of its theme "Eat Right with Color", eat a lot of fruits and veggies! I hope this didn't come across as a counseling session, I just wanted you to know that you're great and I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that ALL the TIME!! And I love pickles, too! Fireballs are good appetite killers since your mouth gets so hot! Drink you some water, girl!
    I LOVE the dresses! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep ingredients for a “girly” salad (that’s what my daughter calls them) on-hand: frilly lettuce (don’t know the real name, but it’s pretty), strawberries, tomatoes, golden raisins, sliced almonds, croutons, and my favorite “diet” dressing – Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. When I’m hungry and don’t know exactly what I want to eat, I fix myself a big ol’ girly salad and eat that while I decide. Then, even if I pick something “not so healthy” to eat, I’m usually not so hungry that I eat too much of it. Fritos Scoops – if there’s an open bag of them in my pantry, I’ll eat them and eat them and eat them. It’s weird, I never buy Fritos as a snack, but if I have them leftover from having some kind of dip, I’ll eat every single one of them – just a matter of time. Remember – weight loss is a marathon – not a sprint. A bad eating day here and there isn’t a big deal. :)

    Beth Wages Johnson

    ReplyDelete