Friday, October 29, 2010

Ghosts and Goblins!

When my kids were little we rarely baked together and I really regret that.
It's amazing I produced 3 kids who are really wonderful cooks! (yes, Gregory is too!)
Not cookin with them is just one of the reasons I say I should've had my grandchildren first!



Because.....it's SO MUCH FUN!!!

anyway,,,,we made some ghosts and goblin treats for Ever's little Halloween party.
Here ya go with some spooky treaty ideas
but first,,,,Evey had to do a little dance to this: oh no...another ear worm
                               
she danced and danced (and she's pretty good if I say so myself!) we even had her doin the sprinkler!
and then, just like Grandmother "Krazy" we got a little K-razy!!! (and I had to show her a few moves)
okay, back to the ghosts and goblins.
First the ghosts.
Here's what cha need.
you've probably figured out just how easy this is.
Oh, I got the CandiQuik at Wallmart (Publix doesn't have it)
Just melt the white chocolate and dip the Nutter Butters in the chocolate.
 Then let them set up on wax paper.
Before the chocolate sets though add the little mini chips for the eyes.
The finished product:::::BEWARE OF THESE GHOSTS....,,don't have these anywhere near your husband.....ultra yummy
Now....the Goblins.  Well, they were supposed to be witches but Jordan and I decided they look more like Goblins.
So, along with a box of your favorite cupcake mix you'll need this!
 and this
 melt the chocolate (I use a double boiler.  Makes it smoother and less likely to burn)

 and spread it on a cookie sheet
 roll the sugar cones in the melted chocolate like this
 and let them set up on wax paper
ice the cupcake with green icing
 smash the cone into the cup cake to stabilize
add the brown sprinkles for hair, a candy corn for the nose, and two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
I then I added a little pink candy disk for a tongue (just to be a little cute)
Think I went overboard for my gbaby's 2 yr. old Halloween party?
nah.....
now for some tips...
I used the bottle green cupcake icing,  And I ran out and used the canned frosting.  Well, the bottled stuff worked tons better.  It's more $$$ but it's worth the $$$ in my opinion. It just sets up better.
Have a wonderful Friday y'all!
Mom had a fantastic day yesterday!!! yippee!!!
by the way,,,,you have to see my daughter's blog from yesterday...
it's hilarious
ericandjordanelkins.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. What cute Halloween treats! And your granddaughter is adorable. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these!! Sounds like yall had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! youre such a great g-mom!

    ReplyDelete