Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's FALL, Y'all!!! yipee!!!

Are you lovin this weather or what????  Oh my goodness, gracious alive
It's time for this......
 I just love a good fire, don't you?
You know what else I love????
Sunflowers (I miss you sweet Cindoo)
and
Spaghetti Squash - just what the Fall "Doctor"...... ordered
 oh yummy.  Here's what cha do:
1st poke holes in it with a fork (it'll be hard)
then pop it in the microwave and zap it for 10 minutes on high
 It'll look like this, but be VERY careful.  It WILL be VERY hot.
 Let it cool a bit and cut it wide open.
For a fleeting moment this reminded me of Clark Griswold cutting open the Turkey
ahem......yes......that IS my favorite movie. period.
 then it'll look like this!
 Scrape all of the seeds out (W was gagging at this point)
 and then it'll look like this
 take your fork and just start scraping the insides into a bowl until it won't scrape NO MO
 Drizzle some EVOO (doesn't this look like angel hair pasta????) without the calories!
 add a little sea salt, a little garlic powder, and a little freshly ground pepper
 and some shaved Parmesan and there ya have it!!!
It's also good with a good marinara sauce on top!
 Now onto something else yummy!!!
An October Full Moon Cruise with some good friends.
I couldn't help but bring my camera along 

Full moon cruises on the lake are SO much fun!!!!
 we get to eat (and drink) lots of goodies!  (thank you Gaby and Mercer, and Deb and John!)
 we get to hang with good friends! That's Deb and Gabs
and our wonderful captain! (Mercer)
 boats all tie together to party by the "light of the moon"!
 we got to meet and enjoy our new neighbor!
"W" hung with the guys.  Not sure what he's talkin about right here but I don't think it was too pleasant.  Probably taxes......
 and I hung with the girls (yes, I was dressed for winter)
 and we got to see an amazing view of the Ritz!

I LOVE the October full moon!!!
and with a full moon comes a beautiful sunrise!

while I'm at it, I'll give a little "shout out" to where I live!  Oh the love!
www.reynoldsplantation.com
Have a wonderful football laden Saturday,
(I mean that in a good way!)
Roll Tide y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Roll Tide Kendall!! That looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you're able to relax for a few days at home! Hope everything is going well! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of my favorite sunrises that youve photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS picture. Love the flowers in the bottom of the picture. So jealous.......
    See you soon,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete