Friday, October 15, 2010

Tough one.

We had a little accident yesterday and I feel the urge to blog about that.
First of all, I just want this week to go away.  Do you ever have weeks like that?
Anyway, we had the wood man come deliver a truck load of wood for the fireplace.  As he was leaving he accidently ran over our precious little Moby.  Our dog of 15 years.  I always wondered what I would do if that ever happened.  and by the way, it was totally MY fault.  I should have known he was out there.  Oh, I just feel so bad.  The sweet man felt so bad that I thought he was going to cry.  He put him in a box for me and I rushed him to the vet.  He was gone before the poor man even put him in there.  I couldn't bare to look at him and just handed the box to the vet.
W found me curled up on the couch when he got home.  I couldn't cook dinner.  All I wanted to do was just lay there in my sorrow.
Moby came to Callen by way of a bone stuck in the bottom of her stocking when she was 7 years old.  He's been through let's see 6 moves since then and endured a new dog to entertain him.  Cooper.  Cooper is 5 and harrassed the heck out of him for most of the time we've had Cooper.  Moby would just let him do it.
What a trooper he was.  He sorta reminds me of my mom.  He would never complain and just went with the flow.
I was looking through my pictures and most of my pics of Moby were on my computer that lost it's hard drive this past year.  I did find this one......
Before you say anything, let me explain,,,,,,Chef Martha Foose was here and we made up these chicken wings in a big cooler.  I was finishin em off!  And Moby wanted some. He loved some chicken.   Don't I look like a classy chick (no pun intended) on the floor, my sweet dog by my side, waiting patiently for a little nibble, while I'm diggin in a cooler of chicken wings.  Gotta love it.
We're going to miss you sweet Moby.

4 comments:

  1. For you, I'll help wish the week away also. I'm so sorry, Kendall. Thank you for sharing your story. I couldn't help but smile at that wonderful memory with the "cooler" picture. Moby's little self will leave you with large memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! We have a 13 year old schnauzer, I dread having to part with him. Our pets are so unconditionally loving, you will have these wonderful memories forever! Gosh, you have reeally reeally had a bad week, You are an amazing woman, hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry to hear about moby. that breaks my heart. i have had mally for 7 and the thought of losing her actually makes my eyes water. it wont be the same without mobys hot pink nails click click clicking around the house!

    ReplyDelete