Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oops! I Goofed!!!

Addendum to the Rag Top Necklace....
oops.  I goofed.
I wore mine yesterday and whadda ya know?
I had chiffon ALL over my black outfit.
As a matter of fact, I felt like I was swimming in a sea of chiffon.
(I'm one of those that is constantly picking hair off of people so you know how this drove me CRAZY!)
So, I did this simple little thing.
It changes the look slightly, but at least you won't have unsightly little "hair" all over your clothes.
Here's a new one that I made.
OH!!!  Wait! I almost forgot.  If you live in Atlanta (or anywhere close) you must go to a place called
Gail K
So much fabric you will get claustrophobic with one foot in the door.
Here's the new one: great color huh?  (it's actually moss green)
see the shredding of the chiffon?  I also added tulle
 a closer look
 now take a torch lighter and VERY carefully singe the edges.
you may want to even do this before tying the chiffon on.
 Here's the finished product! (I sorta like it better)
Oh, a few people have asked if I will be selling these?  Sorry but nope, just givin them as gifts.
Get ready all my nieces,,,,,Christmas is comin up!
Oh, new painting!
"Fall Trees"
36 x 36 mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas
Price upon request

3 comments: